Country Internal Control Supervisor at Lafarge
Location: New Cairo
– The overall mission of the Internal Control Senior Specialist (ICS) is to ensure compliance & to contribute to maintain high standards of internal control in the Country Level by: (LCE – READYMIX – Aggregates – HOLDINGS (LMEA/LBMHE/LBMT) – PACKAGING (National Bags – Egypt Sack) – Geocyle)
– Providing support to Business Process Owners (BPO) to maintain efficient and secure processes,
– Benefiting from all opportunities to improve efficiency of processes while maintaining high standards of internal control,
– Implementing a sound annual internal control assessment,
– Supporting process improvement to ensure the balance between efficiency and security
– Personally follow and implement the safety rules and policies
– Create a safe environment within Finance Team and
– Do not allow any breaching of the Safety Policies & Procedures
– Understand the flow of transactions within business cycles (each mega-process). For each principal business activity, assist in collecting collaborative evidence that support understanding of the flow of transactions (i.e., the process) involved from the initiation of the transaction to its inclusion in the next principal business activity or the financial statements.
– Understand the internal control within each business cycle including the evaluation of the design of controls, and assist in determining of whether they have been implemented
– Conduct controls documentation, documentation update and yearly testing
– Perform the test of operating effectiveness of internal controls
– Identifying areas of specific risks, areas of weakness, and areas of improvement in each process
– Developing solutions through debate and discussion, with business process owners and propose proper action plan
– Developing Process Flowcharts and narratives for the organization
– Maintain and update the internal control Group tool (RVR) in particular issues tracked, follow-up of action plans, updating controls and sign off processes
– Contribute in developing and amending policies and procedures
– Contribute in the development of annual certification process signed by the Country CEO and Country CFO
– Ensure the accuracy of group consolidated financial statements.
Group SOD Tool:
– Applying segregation of duties for users access rights through using the Group SOD tool
– Validating Mitigation controls for users have incompatible tasks
Ensure that SOD is in compliance with Group policy:
– Review that the SOD is performed using the SOD tool.
– Follow-up the implementation of action plans for mitigation tasks.
– Continuously ensure the streamline of the process in coordination with BPO, ABO and IT, proposal and validation by Country Internal Control Head.
– Run the internal control management cycle
– Notify results and follow-up action plans clearance.
– Follow-up of action plans related to the internal control annual plan.
– Report the action plan status update to the Country Internal Control Head.
– Escalate on an ad hoc basis to the Country Internal Control Head any material, weaknesses or more generally any issues of concern which would potentially put at risk the internal control system.
Risk Assessment reports:
– Evaluating the process level of control & weaknesses
– Identifying gaps & risks in a specific area or process in all aspects and run a full scale assessment.
– Assess the legal aspect and organization risks.
– Build up a report addressing all risks related and highlighting the weakness
– Provide alternative solutions & recommendations to remedy gaps & cover identified risks.
Migration of new group IC reporting tool:
– Perform an overall exercise on all controls of all entities to be migrated to group new GRC tool.
– Align every control based on the group internal audit instructions.
– Re-Design all controls based on group new criteria.
– Re-Test all controls based on group new criteria.
Group instructions on Country Level for fiscal year:
– Participate to the annual country IC plan and submit to group internal audit.
– Provide a status update in specific areas in the annual country IC plan every quarter.
– Participate to the country scorecard and submit it to the group.
– Participate to the country controls risk assessment based on group instructions and submit it to group internal audit.
– Participate to the annual country certification.
– Participate to the annual entities underlying letters.
Service Now requests:
– Ensure that new SOD group tool is fully functioning.
– Communicate with central team for system transaction roles desired by users.
– Assess transaction roles and indentify SOD risks.
Help users to create a mitigating control to eliminate risks on SAP.
– Identify and highlight every ineffective control across all country.
– Inform related department head of ineffective controls and assist in creating an action plan.
– Follow up with related personnel for every action plan.
– Conduct close follow up to achieve Lower country ineffective controls
Group Internal Audit Coordination:
– Full coordination with LGA during their missions conducted in Egypt
– Takes LGA testing methodology into consideration while conducting the internal controls testing
– -Involved in the challenging discussions with LGA related to the compliance with the local internal control dept. results
– Prepare a tracking sheet for all the actions mentioned in LGA report and follow-up with the related BPOs to close the gaps related to the areas under their direct responsibilities
– Update LGA team central (Internal audit reporting tool) with the actions status.
– Participate to the annual GRM (group risk management) process within the Country organization
– Participate to follow up on the regular update on the Country risk profile and risk mitigation actions to GRM
– Participate to the company’s internal control plan in line with group risk management cycle,
-Education: Bachelor degree in Commerce – Accounting, Finance or any related field
– Good knowledge of the Group policies, organization, methodologies and good practices
– General knowledge of internal control concepts and ERP
– Good knowledge of the business on the field
– Good knowledge of usual accountings issues.
-Experience: Minimum 4-6 years of experience in an audit firm or in the same field preferably in a multinational company.
Tips for updating your Resume:
- Seniority Young Professional (4 to 7 years)
- Employer type Multinational Company
Login To Apply For This Job.