Graphic Designer at IOM
1. Nature of the consultancy: Graphic designer
Objective: IOM Egypt is supporting the efforts of the Government of Egypt to improve the capacity of vocational training centres and their staff to respond to the needs of domestic workers. The support involves training government staff on the provision of counselling services to domestic workers; to contribute to better protection of domestic workers’ rights and their working conditions. In addition, to develop curricula on domestic work skills and expectations regarding various occupations. The developed curricula should be illiterate friendly; including visual aids/guides to ensure maximum readership.
2. The consultancy comprised of a team of three experts (curriculum developer, editor and graphic designer) will support the Government in reviewing existing domestic worker training curricula on seven occupations. In addition, a training of trainers will be conducted for the dissemination of such curricula to both Egyptian and migrant domestic workers, including a section on raising awareness on the rights of workers.
3. IOM project to which the Consultancy is contributing: This consultancy is to be implemented under the framework of IOM’s Strengthening The Sphere Of Protection For Victims Of Trafficking And Vulnerable Migrants In Egypt While Preventing Irregular Migration And Human Trafficking “SPHERE” and the Positive Life Alternatives for Egyptian Youth At‐Risk of irregular Migration “PLAYA” projects, which are being implemented in partnership with the government of Egypt.
4. Tasks to be performed under this contract: Under the overall supervision of the Project Officer of the Migrant Protection and Assistance (MPA) Division, and with technical guidance from the Project Associate Coordinator employed by the Labour Mobility and Human Development (LHD) Division, the tasks of the graphic designer within the partnership of applicant experts are detailed below.
1. Develop and improve the design and layout of materials pertaining to domestic workers’ skill enhancement, previously revised by the curriculum developer;
2. Deliver creative and innovative ideas and illustrations for the design of the survival booklet; ensuring that the photos/illustration, charts and any other graphic elements are illiterate friendly;
Tips for updating your Resume:
- Seniority Young Professional (4 to 7 years)
- Employer type International Organization
Login To Apply For This Job.