IT Support Engineer at Amazon
· To provide a 1st / 2nd and 3rd line support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental KPIs and SLAs are met. Escalating where required. Whether it be an end user or an IT peer the role requires the individual to support and solve all issues – no job is too big or small.
· To create, write, review and move the bar with regards to standards and the corresponding documentation. Defining processes and measures to ensure their success.
· To mentor and guide other IT peers across the globe across all levels, lifting the bar both in the technical and non-technical aspects of the role.
· Project Management including acting as a single point of contact for projects, to provide technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives. Including prioritization of workloads for both local and remote teams to ensure project delivery.
· To act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
· To review, write and execute change management requests as required (which does include out of hours work).
· Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand; including all aspects of procurement and inventory management
· To carry out ad-Hoc requests as and when required.
· Contribute to the on call schedule whether for a site or across multiple sites / region.
· University degree or equivalent, alternatively at least three years’ work related experience in an IT support role.
· Strong Unix/Linux and Windows skills.
· Experience with shell and other language scripting would be beneficial
· Knowledge of, and experience with modern infrastructure hardware including Cisco, HP and Aruba – LAN / WAN and Wireless. Vendor certifications preferred.
· Robust troubleshooting and strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability required.
· Technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, project management and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels (technical and business audiences) and in different situations. This includes the ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
· Candidates should also have had significant past experience with TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, TFTP, LPD, LDAP and other common core internet technologies and services.
· Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies advantageous
· Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
Tips for updating your Resume:
- Seniority Young Professional (4 to 7 years)
- Employer type Multinational Company
Login To Apply For This Job.
- Employer Type Multinational Company