Lead, Data Scientist at Orange
Duties and responsibilities
- Study and apply various AI models and algorithms in telecommunications uses cases.
- Cleaning, converting and analyzing the data for the purpose of finding insights and patterns
- Presenting data in graphs, charts, tables, etc. and designing and developing data models
- Use available data visualization tools like Jupyter, Zeppelin, QlikView, Superset and Metabase to deliver self service BI tools to business.
- Work closely with business users to understand data nature and find new ways to deliver predictive analytics
- Keep track of trends and research in AI especially in the telecommunications field.
- Collaborate with data architects, modelers and IT team members on project goals.
- Bachelor degree of Engineering in Computer Systems, or Computer Science.
- 2+ years working with data and applied statistics, working on recommendation systems, anomaly detection, NLP, … use cases
- Experience writing clean unit-tested python/Scala/java code
- Ability to tell the story from business perspective and deliver to–the-point presentations and consultancy to upper management, technical management and non-technical business users
- Ability to write SQL queries and use tools such as Spark, Hive, Impala and other data reporting tools.
- Experience in transactional and data warehouse environments using MySQL, Hive, or other database systems. Must deeply understand joins, subqueries, window functions, etc.
- Prior experience with data intelligence and reporting tools such as Superset, Metabase, QlikView
- Strong background in designing relational databases like Postgres and NoSQL database like Mongo DB or Cassandra
- Performance tuning of database queries in operational and analytical databases
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC and Agile/Scrum procedures
- Basic understanding of different scripting techniques and task scheduling
- Good understanding of computer programing fundamentals, data structures and algorithms
- Intermediate knowledge of high level OOP languages; ex: python, Java, etc…
Skills and abilities
- Very good English both written & spoken.
- Good computer skills.
- Past experience in telecom operators and service providers is preferred
- Good knowledge of database systems and BI solutions
- Good programming and debugging skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to administer different hardware and operating system solutions.
N.B: We update & refresh all vacancies on the website every 7 days however some vacancies might be closed during those 7 days. So apologies in-case you open a post and find it filled and please help us maintain the freshness of vacancies by letting us know if you find one of those and we will remove it asap.
Tips for updating your Resume:
- Seniority Junior (1 to 3 years)
- Employer type Multinational Company
Login To Apply For This Job.
- Employer Type Multinational Company
November 20 @ 7:00 pm - November 25 @ 10:30 pm EET