Production Shift Team Leader at Mars
Answer why this job is in the organization; Why this job exists (2 or 3 sentences maximum)
Production Shift Team Leader is a critical, hands-on management role to lead shift associates and contractors (50+) to deliver all appropriate standards for the shift. He works on shift to manage the production team of assigned areas within the value stream with a span of control not more than 25 shift associates as direct reports. He is expected to facilitate, co-ordinate, prioritize and communicate operational activities in order to achieve the KPIs relevant to the assigned areas in his shift. He manages and develops the shift associates in his team to foster a high level of team engagement.
Please list the most important and relevant responsibilities
• Lead FMOS, PPM & Datalyzer (i.e. shift handover, performance review meetings and process confirmation tours) that enables the team to measure and manage the KPIs of agreed contract deliveries for safety, quality/food safety, cost, customers’ service and ATLAS-related KPIs.
• Lead and accountable for conducting shift hand over, beginning of shift line tour, Just ten minutes meeting, mid shift line tour, end shift review & daily operations meeting. Also he is a key member in the daily reliability meeting and weekly operations meeting.
• Escalate and provide clear communication of operational issues (in addition to following escalation standard for Q&FS and Safety). Be the first point of contact in the shift. Ensure the right associates are aware of issues that impact performances. Ensure regular communication with VSM.
• Collaborate with other functions i.e. Quality & Food Safety, Safety, Maintenance, Engineering, Supply Chain/Logistics, P&O and Commercial, to ensure consistent product quality, safety, productivity and reliability.
• Promote and drive LEAN, problem solving with 5 Whys and failure root cause analysis and continuous improvement culture within the team. Support the implementation of continuous improvement activities that are impactful to safety, quality/food safety, productivity and reliability to the assigned areas.
• Own VLiC projects within his shift and make sure of their timely delivery.
• Develop the shift associates by coordinating training, assignment and ownership programs. Monitor the associates’ development and progress.
• Run appropriate performance reviews and development discussions as part of GLM objectives. • Ensure disciplinary matters are dealt in accordance to the company policies and procedures. Manage under performances of the shift associates through individual or team coaching and initiate Performance Improvement Plan process, when required.
• Conduct team meetings to enhance team building and engagement. Identify issues with engagement and follow up on agreed actions with the team.
• Work closely with other Shift Team Leaders and shift team members to ensure consistent performance and standardization in practices across the shifts.
• Work closely with VSM and Technical Trainer to ensure the team has the required capability, competency and attitude to succeed in delivering the team or areas objectives.
• Lead the execution in ATLAS Manufacturing within the shift to ensure the team’s adherence to ATLAS ways of work in converting the raw and packaging materials into semi-finished/finished goods as per the process orders with timely management of physical inventory, actual consumption, rework and scrap that match the data in the system within the shift. Manage system outage and exceptions according to the guidelines provided.
• Oversee the activities of operational contractors assigned to the shift. Ensure their efficient utilization to support the factory contract deliveries and their services are rightly and timely paid for.
• Oversee the operational and non-operational activities in the factory as Emergency Manager who assesses the risks of the work, ensures all safety precautions applied and approves the start of the permit-to-work and hot work and closes them within the shift.
• Lead his shift resources i.e. Consumables, SIG, etc.
• Lead the Emergency Team in handling emergency situation in the factory and act as a site custodian in case of Plant director & Value Stream Manager absence.
Kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning job title in subject line
Tips for updating your Resume:
- Seniority Young Professional (4 to 7 years)
- Employer type Multinational Company
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
Engineering Seniority: Junior (1 to 3 years)
Engineering Seniority: Junior (1 to 3 years)
January 8 @ 5:00 pm - February 12 @ 10:00 pm EET