Public Cloud Operation Engineer (Networking and Security) at Orange
About the role:
- A Cloud Operation Engineer (Networking and Security) shares responsibility in the implementation, operation and management of Flexible Engine Cloud network and security infrastructure.
- The Cloud Operation Engineer uses a strong understanding of all aspects of a highly converged data center network both on a physical level and virtual level as well, and the ability to troubleshoot, identify and resolve very complex problems in a timely and professional manner.
- The role also requires strong execution and focus to meet the needs of our Cloud customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make ongoing recommendations of network policies and standards.
- Recommend technical solutions that will enhance performance, increase redundancy, and add flexibility to the existing infrastructure.
- Quickly turn business problems into technical solutions.
- Manage configurations and the deployment of equipment in compliance with established technology policies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network performance issues.
- Maintain system and network availability and monitor network services.
- Close off security vulnerability in the case of an attack.
- Regularly interact with other team members to offer assistance in troubleshooting, and knowledge transfer activities
- Regular participation in change control activities that comply with ITIL change management.
- Participate in rotating ‘on-call’ schedule with engineering team.
Requirements – Education, Skill & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or 4+ years of experience in a technical position.
- 5+ years of experience in network/system administration.
- CCNP Routing & Switching .
- Linux Administration
- Fluency in English in Both writing and Speaking , French is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with customers.
- Critical thinking skills, problem solving aptitude.
- Accountability, commitment and having a sense of urgency.
- Experience in implementing large-scale networks.
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work as a productive member of a team Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated capability to achieve results under pressure. Manages time effectively and according to priorities.
- Proven experience in Layer 3 technologies, including IPv4, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IPv6, HSRP, and VRRP.
- Proven experience in working with Network Technologies including: VRF, MPLS, IPsec, and BVPN.
- Demonstrated proficiency in network administration (DNS, BGP, Proxy, Load Balancing).
- Understanding of hardware or software Load Balancers in a large data center environment.
- Implementing appropriate security, and monitoring tools for cloud networks.
- Understanding of firewall concepts and rules.
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies, such as :
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS),
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS),
- Software-defined networks (SDN),
- Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
- Open Virtual Switch
- OpenStack Neutron (DVR)
- Iptables and Netfilter hooks
- Linux system administration experience which includes:
- Linux performance tuning
- Linux kernel’s networking stack
- Linux Namespaces
- Linux Load balancer
- Linux Virtual Server
N.B: We update & refresh all vacancies on the website every 7 days however some vacancies might be closed during those 7 days. So apologies in-case you open a post and find it filled and please help us maintain the freshness of vacancies by letting us know if you find one of those and we will remove it asap.
Tips for updating your Resume:
- Seniority Young Professional (4 to 7 years)
- Employer type Multinational Company
Login To Apply For This Job.
- Employer Type Multinational Company