Senior Instructional Designer/Trainer at Mentor Graphics
Location: Nasr City
- BS EE or BS CS or equivalent work experience in relevant product area.
- Prior customer facing experience required
- 5 years of experience in physical verification as a user, part of a support group, selling or marketing the product area.
- Experience with Calibre is a plus.
- Experience in developing and/or delivering training. A combination of training development and experience is highly desired.
- Prior experience with Mentor Graphics Calibre products a plus.
- Ability to gain strong knowledge of existing and new Mentor Graphics products is required.
- Ability to determine appropriateness of training materials for multiple learner audiences based on learner skill level and learning style is required.
- Must possess excellent customer-focused writing and editing skills. Ability to learn, teach, and effectively use writing/authoring tools such as Word, PowerPoint, Camtasia or comparable development tools is required.
- Experience with presenting to an audience and good presentation skills.
- This position is required to solve complex problems, and has wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Must have the ability to plan and independently execute work with minimal supervision.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work exceptionally well in cross-functional team environment, works collaboratively and effectively within a team; this position has recurring contact with Senior-level internal and external contacts, and may serve as the primary spokesperson on significant matters.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to multiple conflicting priorities, manage changing priorities and respond to unexpected changes.
- Must possess acceptable time management, communications, inter-personal, verbal, listening, problem solving, and trouble-shooting, decision-making and organizational skills.
- Communicates time frames of projects or assignments, gathers the appropriate info by asking relevant questions, shares information from meetings and provides feedback on results from those involved.
- Reacts well in collaborative discussions, clarifies situations, remains open to all sides, stays focused on resolution, develops others’ and own ideas, initiates action and closes discussions with clear summaries.
- Ability to travel up to 20% for training delivery
- This position is responsible for leading training programs and working with customers, Global Support Services (GSS) and the product division to create and deliver learning classes for the Calibre product line of Design to Silicon products. Mentor Graphics Instructional Designers and Trainers develop and deliver training to customers, partners and employees in a number of learning formats. These formats typically include instructor led classroom based training, instructor led on-line and on-demand classes. Custom training classes for specific customers are also developed and delivered. In addition to becoming an expert on the functionality of Calibre products, an Instructional Designer and Trainer assists in learning related activities such as curriculum development, attending and supporting conferences and as needed supporting GSS. The primary objective is to professionally develop and deliver quality learning sessions that increase customer knowledge and drive product adoption.
- The Instructional Designer and Trainer responsibilities will be focused on curriculum development based on release schedules, priorities, resources or other requirements as well course delivery. The amount of time on development vs. delivery will be driven by required development work and class demand. These responsibilities include, and may not be limited to:
- Developing a thorough understanding of new and existing Mentor Graphics Calibre products in order to develop and deliver training.
- Updating existing learning products with information about new features and functionality based on approved release and development schedules.
- Researching new and updated Calibre products and features and recommending new class offerings.
- Utilizing quality control measures such as student evaluations, and/or other feedback to ensure consistency, effectiveness and professionalism of teaching materials and presentations.
- Delivering high quality product training to Mentor Graphics customers, business partners, and employees in person or online using approved training curriculum, student materials, instructor tools, presentation tools, and other documentation.
- Participating in software implementations/adoptions; providing customized consultation and training for customers as needed.
- Activities to support the Education Services team may include:
- Creating or participating in the development of prototypes and templates for new learning products; supporting Mentor Graphics Education Services instructional design standards and training industry best practices.
- Taking on technology-based activities related to development of learning products such as backing up source files, maintaining network classroom environments, maintaining department web sites, and/or maintaining classroom and WebEx equipment as needed
- Conducting evaluations of presenters providing written feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Serving as a resource to other presenters who need assistance or advice about curriculum development, instructional design, and/or presentation techniques and is instrumental in establishing new standards, templates and methodologies for learning.
- Demonstrates and models leadership qualities for all Education Services personnel.
Tips for updating your Resume:
- Seniority Young Professional (4 to 7 years)
- Employer type Multinational Company
Login To Apply For This Job.
March 1 - March 2
March 8 @ 5:00 pm - March 12 @ 9:00 pm EET
March 29 @ 4:00 pm - May 3 @ 9:00 pm EET
April 22 @ 1:00 pm - November 30 @ 5:00 pm EET