Senior Tax Specialist at Careem
Location: 6th of October
- Manage the tax compliance profile of Careem Egypt, ensuring all local tax filing requirements are understood and documented and filings are made on time.
- Based on the activities of Careem Egypt, identify and control employment related, indirect and income tax withholding tax matters.
- Identify and implement VAT optimization opportunities.
- Maintain and monitor local tax relationships with professional advisers.
- Support the accounting team with any tax related accounting/ financial statement disclosures as applicable.
- Project manage all tax aspects of new business lines and initiatives by identifying, documenting and executing the tax requirements.
- Perform direct tax technical research including analysis and interpretation of relevant tax laws, regulations, cases and agency guidance, and update relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
- Partner with key contacts in operations, corporate development, finance, treasury, government relations, and legal to identify and implement tax planning strategies and minimize potential tax risks.
- Provide active support to positively and successfully conclude tax audits and controversies.
- Provide guidance/ training to local finance, legal, government relations and operations teams.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the group transfer pricing policy and supporting documentation.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar; CA/ CPA/ Master’s in Taxation.
- At least 3+ years of PQE of international tax in a fast-paced industry and/ or Big 4 (plus).
Technical Knowledge/ Skills/ Training required:
- Demonstrated thorough user and working knowledge of tax systems.
- Excellent research skills, coupled with great written and verbal communication skills are a must, including the ability to communicate with non-tax people on complex tax issues.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with aggressive timelines.
- Creative thinking to resolve novel tax problems while supporting the business.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking).Top of Form
Tips for updating your Resume:
- Seniority Junior (1 to 3 years)
- Employer type Foreign Company
Login To Apply For This Job.