Special Assistant at UN Women
Provide coordination and facilitation support to the Regional Director
- Provide coordination support to the Regional Director in his/her interactions and exchanges with UN Women Representatives, Regional Office and HQ staff, keeping record and ensuring action and follow-up when required in a timely and efficient manner, and serving as note-taker in regular meetings and exchanges;
- Provide specialized technical support to the Regional Director in his/her interactions, representation duties, exchanges and relationship cultivation with other UN agencies, UN regional coordination mechanisms, regional and sub-regional integration mechanisms, intergovernmental bodies, national authorities donors and private sector.
- Provide relevant input when needed on key developments and opportunities to develop and strengthen institutional partnerships for the promotion of gender equality and women´s rights in the region and to ensure the inclusion of a gender perspective in regional and sub-regional intergovernmental fora;
- Keep the Regional Director informed of incoming requests, correspondence and all matters requiring her attention, provide sound input as appropriate to facilitate decision making and ensure follow-up action, as directed;
- Manage the planning and organization of the Regional Director´s agenda and official travel, including the timely preparation of official travel files, background documents and briefing notes, working closely with relevant staff and prepare official travel reports;
- Draft speeches, talking points and /or design presentation materials for delivery by the Regional Director in key events, meetings and other internal and external fora ensuring that UN Women´s corporate and regional perspective, goals, objectives, strategies and/or policies on gender issues and UN Women programmes are appropriately reflected, working closely with relevant staff as required;
- Seize opportunities for reinforcing positively UN Women image and the Regional Director exposure in regional and country media at all levels.
Provide technical support on the implementation of programmes of UN Women offices in the region
- Revise annual work plans and provide recommendations to assure compliance with programme goals and results-based indicators;
- Provide technical support on the implementation of a results-based management approach to programming;
- Support training on results-based management to CO/MCO/Programme Presence Offices. Coordinate visits and missions to the Regional Office whenever is required;
- Analyze and ensure alignment of project budgets, under his/her responsibility, with logical framework matrices and work plans;
- Ensure programme quality control and identification of potential challenges of areas under his/her responsibility;
- Whenever necessary, provide coordination, quality assurance and ensure compliance by COs, MCO and RO with corporate AWP monitoring requirements, such as correct entry into the Results Management System (RMS) and alignment with operational plans;
Lead the development and implementation of communication and outreach/advocacy strategies and plans, with a specific focus on media
- Handle the Regional Director´s media relations, including drafting press statements and releases, coordinating interviews and organizing press conferences, monitoring media coverage and responding to journalists´ inquiries and media requests.
- Design, develop, and implement Communication Plans and outreach/advocacy strategies, including media strategies; ensure gender perspective;
- Integrate communication, advocacy and outreach strategies into proposals for project/programmes and other initiatives;
- Monitor and analyze press contents, social media and information from websites and prepare reports;
- Provide advice and guidance to and coordinate with CO/ MCO/PPOs in the region.
Facilitate and contribute to the implementation of regional resource mobilization strategies and initiatives
- Draft and oversee the development and coordination cooperation agreement, memoranda of understanding, etc. with partner institutions by channeling their relevant directives and instructions and following up on commitments and any required action;
- Participate in the development and implementation of differentiated, donor fund-raising strategies, aligned and coordinated with country-level activities initiatives and outreach activities;
- Finalize substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for resource mobilization and cost sharing;
- Support the determination of programmatic areas of cooperation, based on strategic goals of UN Women, country needs and donors’ priorities and develop the relevant partnerships;
- Provide technical support to the development of project proposals in line with the UN Women’s strategy and the interest of donors;
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in International Relations, Communications, Public Relations, Public Affairs, Social Sciences, Public Administration, Business Administration or related areas.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in international/regional organizations and communications/public relations;
- Prior experience with the UN or other international organization working in capacity as Assistant/Adviser to senior management an advantage;
- International development work preferably focused on, or strongly involving gender equality at national, regional and international levels;
- Experience in results-based programme management;
- Experience in internal and external communication and/or resource mobilization;
- Prior experience in the UN System and the Region will be an asset.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written, is required;
- Proficiency in other language of the region is an advantage.
Tips for updating your Resume:
- Seniority Young Professional (4 to 7 years)
- Employer type International Organization
Login To Apply For This Job.