Sr. Supervisor, Storage Technical Administrator at Orange
About the role
- You must have in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with a wide range of enterprise storage technologies, ie file system administration and backup solutions. You will focus on hands on storage administration and engineering: design, administration, implementation, and support storage solutions, specifically NetApp NAS deployment for UNIX and Windows. You will act as a liaison with other UNIX/Linux and Microsoft Engineers as well as with the software development and end users. Must have experience with Cloud technologies and object storage.
- Work with senior storage engineers to help them design, improve, and deploy technical and application solutions to meet business requirements
- Translate business requirements to determine appropriate storage solutions
- Design, deliver and maintain storage solutions for VMWare/VDI deployment worldwide as well as a flexible scale-out storage solution for high performance grid based (HPC) server farms
- Work with backup teams to ensure proper tape backup requirements are met
- Produce documentation on installed systems and their configurations
- Ensure that root-cause analysis is identified and knowledge gained is applied for process improvement
- Design storage solutions and sustainability by developing roadmaps
- Measure and monitor storage availability, response time and backup window.
- 7+ years of professional experience
- 7+ years’ experience as a storage engineer working in a financial firm
- Knowledge of Unix and Windows operating systems
- Hands on experience of NIS, DFS and AD concepts
- Strong experience in storage capacity planning and monitoring
- Experience in performance tuning storage for large scale grid compute environments
- Scripting experience in bash, Perl, python or PowerShell
- Should have experience with open stack tools
- Experience with other cloud storage technologies such as AWS
- Experience with tape backup systems a plus
- Experience with NFSv4 is a plus
- Experience with NetApp technologies a plus
- Experience with distributed filesystems is a plus
- Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery planning experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering
- Must have a core experience in 3rd party applications automation tools on VMware Cloud platform
- Must be able to work an on-call rotation, for incident response and maintenance activities or with-in the agreed schedule.
- Must be interested in exploring new technologies, and have a desire to push your skillset outside of your comfort zone
- Must be able to prioritize projects and tasks while adhering to the overall Information Technology standards
- Must be capable of leading mid-small scale projects and related meeting and discussions such as support case reviews or project team meetings. Creating and following related project and action plans.
- Demonstrated customer service support ethic and focus to deliver the highest, most consistent level of customer service to our business partners
- Experience in all phases of the development lifecycle, including use of formal requirement documentation, testing methodologies, implementation strategies, and troubleshooting techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics & Telecommunications and any related Engineering Degree.
- Experience operating in an Agile development environment
- Experience working in large data center deployments
- 1+ years of experience with VMware value-add products such as vSAN, and NSX/NXS-T is a plus
- 1+ years of experience design/deploy OpenStack based cloud systems based on Red hat product line such as RH OpenStack, CloudForms and OpenShift.
- Hands on experience working with Dell/HP traditional Blade Systems.
- Hands on experience working with hyper converged technologies and supporting components like Dell-EMC VxRail/VxRack, Cisco HyperFlex……etc.
- VMware VCP-CMA/VCP-DCV certification(s)
- Microsoft\Linux certification(s)
Tips for updating your Resume:
- Seniority Junior (1 to 3 years)
- Employer type Multinational Company
Login To Apply For This Job.
- Employer Type Multinational Company
January 8, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - February 12, 2021 @ 10:00 pm EET