Tax Section Head at Lafarge
Location: Head Office
– Responsible for preparation and submission of all indirect tax returns (Sales tax, withholding tax, payroll tax, royalty tax and any other applicable tax other than corporate tax), preparation of required documents for tax inspection, cooperation in preparation of group reporting related to indirect tax, maintaining internal control documentation and evidences, preparation of tax advices, to ensure timely and reliable tax related figures compatible with local laws and regulations and group accounting standards. In addition to assurance of the availability of reliable tax information for financial and investment decisions.
Health & safety:
– As a member of the Finance Team, contributes to the overall H&S performance of the country
– Ensures that the Finance Departments under responsibility comply with the country’s Health and safety and environmental Policy, in such a manner that no fatalities occur and that a culture of zero tolerance to lost time accidents is achieved.
Tax returns & tax inspection:
– Preparation of tax returns to ensure reliability, completeness and timely submission of tax return in line with local laws and Tax Authority Requirements
– Preparation of all clarification and analytical reports required for tax inspection to ensure reliable and timely information in line with Tax Authority specifications
– Liaising with tax inspectors to ensure timely and accurate tax inspection process in line with local laws
– Liaising with the Tax Authority in tax laws updates and tax appeals in order to ensure timely information for decision making.
– Handling all tax clarifications required by tax advisors in order to ensure reliable and timely tax return in line with local laws
– Review of tax returns formulated by tax advisors and other Bus departments in order to ensure completeness and reliability of corporate tax return
– Responsible for the Preparation of tax reports required by Tax Shared Service and Group to ensure timely and reliable tax reporting figures in line with group deadlines and accounting standards, and local tax laws
– Handling tax reports and clarifications required by external auditors in order to ensure reliable figures in compatible with accounting standards
Tax Planning and advice:
– Evaluating and selecting alternative actions to optimize tax burden in line with local laws in order to ensure accurate tax payments
– Preparation of tax advices with reference to local tax laws as required by the Head of Tax and liaise with Tax Advisor to satisfy external tax advices required
– Communication of any updates in new tax laws and tax rates to ensure timely and accurate information
Tax internal controls:
– Maintaining internal controls documentation and evidences pursuant to group internal control requirements
– Liaising with internal control department in satisfying testing requirements.
-Education: Bachelor of Accounting, Finance or Commerce
-Excellent MS Office especially word & excel
-Experience: 5-7 years of experience in Taxes
Tips for updating your Resume:
- Seniority Young Professional (4 to 7 years)
- Employer type Multinational Company
Login To Apply For This Job.