Unix Messaging Systems Admin at Orange
About the role:
- We are looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Technical Engineer to join our team as Unix Messaging Systems Admin . The candidate will work with minimum supervision in a dynamic environment to provide an End-to-End Support, Reliable and Consistent messaging SMTP service for 150 + customer worldwide. This can be achieved via efficient handling for all the assigned incident , event , change and release management tasks .
– Administrate and supervision of SMTP “Simple Mail Transfer Protocol” Messaging services components (Solaris & Linux operating systems, Antivirus TrendMicro Software’s (ISVW, IMSS), all MTA “Mail Transfer Agents” (SunOne, Postfix, …), Storage agents (Sun,…), Antispam software ( Sophos, …), LDAP Services ) as to maintain service availability and reduce risk.
– Administrate the Messaging Management infrastructure ( Firewalls, DNS “domain name service” Servers, Alteon & layer 4 switches ).
– Provide level 2 support as Subject Matter Expert of the Messaging customers for Orange’s Managed SMTP Messaging services, for external and internal customers & -Trouble-shooting and diagnosing problems leading to effective and efficient problem resolution in order to meet requirements of Service Level Agreements and contractual commitments to customer.
– Coordinate with the others operational entities inside IT Services, as Customer Technical Support (Monitoring / Trouble Ticketing) acting as level 1 support teams & other ITD teams for others Line of Business ( Security, Other Messaging Line of Business )
– Participate in the oncall process.
– Pro-active management via managing the alarms (with their different severity) to ensure stable platforms and avoid outages.
– Definite the needs for the evolution and enhancements of the administration and monitoring systems for the SMTP Messaging Service Components, & improve operational Guidelines and procedures ( monitoring, support, implementation).
– Validate & Perform changes on existing platforms.
– Apply & Install Patch updates & new software versions and upgrades.
– Deploy SMTP new customers’ platforms according to Orange standards and following engineering recommendations.
– Test the implemented platforms to ensure compliance with customer request.
– Manage migration when applicable.
– Train L1 teams
– Produce, maintain, update and follow service-related documentation, such as network diagrams, equipment and service inventory databases, operational process, procedure and technical instructions.
– Manages technical relationship with our supplier for third party Anitspam and Antivirus mail relaying solution (Frontbridge), & represent main technical and support contact for that solution.
- Good knowledge / experience for Messaging domains (MTA “Mail Transfer Agents”, Messaging protocols, Mail routing, Anti-virus, Antispam technologies)
- Good knowledge / experience for Solaris, Linux (Redhat) system administration.
- Demonstrate skills & experience in Unix based Mailing systems (iPlanet, SMTP and LDAP protocols, SunOne, Postfix, Sophos, Oracle Communications Suite)
- Demonstrate skills in DNS “Domain Name Service”, Firewalls management, Layer 4 Switches
- Solaris or Linux certifications (SCSA “Sun Certified System Administrator for Solaris”, RCHT “Red Hat Certified Technician”) is a plus
- Autonomous and self-organized.
- Customer oriented (Strong ability to work with International customers)
- Good communication (written and spoken)
- Languages: Fluent English, & fluent French is an added value (written and spoken)
- Ready to participate in on-call and shifts
Tips for updating your Resume:
- Seniority Young Professional (4 to 7 years)
- Employer type Multinational Company
Login To Apply For This Job.
- Address EG / Heliopolis & Nasr City
- Employer Type Multinational Company
January 8, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - February 12, 2021 @ 10:00 pm EET